Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Radiating Happy!

Laughter is the best medicine.

I LOVE roller coasters. like, love l o v e L O V E them! But even though I love them, I certainly get scared out of my mind. When we were in Disney World a few months back, Daniel knew I loved roller coasters. We waited forever in line, chatting about our excitement, but it wasn't until we sat down in the seats that I told him I would scream my face off out of sheer terror. And that I did. Afterwards, as he was trying to get past the ringing in his ears, he suggested laughter. Say what?!? He said instead of screaming like a wild banchee, perhaps I should try to force a little laugh. Well, we sat down on coaster #2 and I forced a laugh instead of screaming. This turned into uncontrollable, guffaw, convulsive howling laughter. The entire time. So much better.

We've also found something that makes me laugh, no matter what situation I'm in. Daniel seems to love to play "Muppet Lynsie"... meaning he stands behind me and grabs my arms and basically treats me like a puppet. Sure it sounds ridiculously stupid; it IS! But whether I'm tired, or grumpy, or emotional, or whatever, it always ALWAYS cheers me up and makes me giggle.

Perhaps God has been prepairing me for a long time for being with someone so fun. He always makes me smile and laugh. He finds humor in everything and cracks jokes constantly. And although it gets under my skin when he flashes a big toothy-grin during serious moments or conversations, overall, I'm so thankful I have such a fun-loving boyfriend.





















Life is too short not to laugh, and laugh often. It makes me radiate happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment