For as long as I can remember, April has been my favorite month of the year. And today, it begins again.
April brings so much hope to me, always. First and foremost, EASTER. There is no greater, more powerful story of hope, than the resurrection of Christ. My eyes have been opened so much wider and deeper, to the power of Jesus's work, while doing this 90-day bible read. And I'm looking forward to the weekend, and to celebrating my very favorite holiday. Yeah celebrating the birth of Christ at Christmas is great too, but that was just the beginning. =)
April also promises to begin warming up, and gearing towards summer. There's no better time to start preparing for lake season, than April! And I completely adore the warm rain showers that Oklahoma seems to always get in April, so I'm crossing my fingers for those as well.
April is the big month for tulips, or so it seems. Tulips have such a short life span, they don't last well like roses or carnations, but they are far prettier to me. They are so simple, and elegant. I remember how much I loved April when I lived with my Aunt and Uncle, because they had red, yellow and purple tulips that sprang up, practically overnight, in their front flower garden. And before you knew it, they were gone again.
Looking forward to a warm and relaxed weekend, hoping to finish my 90 day read, start another book, practice some music, attend a church service, and celebrate the three best things about Easter: Jesus, Bunnies, and Chocolate. =) Life's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment