Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 1

Yesterday was the beginning of this beautiful process! I met with Karen yesterday morning, and I cannot even put into words how good I think this is going to be for me. It's so nice to have someone who will help work out the stress of relocating. I've done some counseling in the past, and every counselor is different. But I am 100% completely comfortable with Karen, and with her style. It was very conversational, not intense or overly emotional. It was freeing. And I have every hope and aspiration in the world that I will be able to work through some things, and be better for it before long! It's hilarious to me that some people think counseling is a bad thing, or have the reaction of "I had no idea life was that bad for you" haha! It's not. Life is amazing. I just know I have the potential to be even better. How in the world do I expect to be the change for other people, if I can't be it for myself? :)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Things in Muskogee in general are really good. I've taken the advice of some wise people in town (Daniel included!) and I've basically signed my life away to a few different organizations, with the intentions of meeting new people, making friends, and staying busy. What better way to jump head first into this place? So I am now a "Provisional" member (i.e. NEWBIE!) in Service League, which is an all girls service organization. I'm becoming more involved in Rotary, specifically the Wine Festival Committee and the Medical Supplies Network Committee. I'm enjoying MyPros more and more, and I look forward to the annual fundraiser in November. And perhaps the one I'm most excited about, is Leadership Muskogee! I've never been part of a leadership class like this, and I'm really looking forward to it!

In summary, with the wonderful help/support/encouragement from the people who love me most, I'm already completely optomistic. Maybe that's all it takes.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Relocating is hard. I cried for days when I moved out to California even though I was living with my dad at the time. I think counseling is one of the best things ever. There just isn't a better way to speak freely and have someone speak with no objective in mind other than your well-being. Good for you! You are such a busy little lady too!! And you will have tons of friends in no time. Who wouldn't want to be friends with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Anna! Sometimes I kick myself for taking advantage of having such great girls around me in the City. Can we just go back to when you and me and Adrienne and Amy all worked together? It gets lonely in the office alone! haha.. hope you're sleeping, and feeling better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be nice. And if the hours could be 9-5. We'd somehow have get Adrienne back. :) It would be fun. I bet it gets lonely. Tell Frank to get you a receptionist!

    ReplyDelete