Monday, February 22, 2010

WELCOME!!!

So it's been about 8 weeks since the passing of my old blog. For many reasons I decided it was time to wipe the slate, knowing someday I would start over fresh. I just didn't realize it would be a short 8 weeks later!

WELCOME to my new blog. For those of you who are newcomers, I tend to use this blog as an avenue to think, vent, ramble, preach, motivate, inspire, contemplate, reflect, etc. Sometimes I get up on a soap box, sometimes I preach, sometimes I rant about politics or baseball, sometimes I overanalyze a word or phrase or quote, because I was an English major, and I'm a major word-nerd still. Basically, I've always loved writing, and with so many changes happening in my life, this is a great way to keep everyone I love in the loop.

As most of you know, I've lived in Oklahoma City my entire life; yet I never really considered myself a "city-girl" until I got out. I grew up always having a fantastic mall minutes away for my shopping needs, as well as a Target nearby for all the day to day necessities. Starbucks were on nearly every corner and it was difficult to pick where you wanted to go out to eat, because the options were quite literally endless; all this in just a few mile-radius, not to mention all of my immediate family!

Then 8 weeks ago my job took me to Muskogee America full time. Having traveled here 2-3 times per month for work throughout the last 18 months, I was already familiar with the town and with many of the people. And although Muskogee has so much to offer in terms of wonderful people, great things to do, unique fundraising events, etc... I must admit I miss having Penn Square Mall, Target and Starbucks right around the corner.

However, bottom line is I'm SO HAPPY. And I do mean that quite literally. I have an adorable downtown office all to myself, and now that I have some plants I don't feel quite so alone in there day in and day out! I have a great apartment near a wonderful family who have been very gracious to me. I have 40+ Board members and Committee members who have officially welcomed me to town, and continually call or drop by to check on me. I already feel like I have adopted parents here who would do anything for me if I needed something. I see the long term vision of my career, and in that, I feel my shoulders broadening a little, with the work load I am able to comfortably carry. I feel responsible and proud of what I'm accomplishing. And if I've only learned ONE thing in the last 3 years, its the fact that I am happiest when I put my entire self into making my own way in where I am and what I'm doing, and taking full ownership for making myself happy.

Stayed tuned for more on this City-Girl's life in the small town I'm growing to love somethin' fierce. :)

(I'm just going to let the video below speak for itself... I have no words really...)

No comments:

Post a Comment